Due to the ever-changing demands on social healthcare, more and more practices are extending their activities by diversifying into private healthcare. Similarly, many individuals are deciding to set up their own private healthcare businesses. This can be in the form of a private practice or a more specialist healthcare provider.
Having the correct insurance is essential as a private healthcare provider. There are many variables to consider when setting up a new business both from a regulatory and mandatory standpoint.
It is vital that all private practitioners have an adequate level of indemnity cover in place, as the NHS indemnity scheme (CNSGP) does not cover private work.
If you are in private practice then you need to consider the following:
- Commercial combined protection– to cover buildings, contents plus public and employers’ liabilities. This cover protects you from claims arising that relate to the day-to-day running of your business, brought against you by either your employees or a third party. Employers’ liability is compulsory.
- Professional Indemnity/ Medical Malpractice Insurance – cover to protect yourself as an individual and also your business (the entity) against accusations of negligence.
- Cyber Insurance– cover to protect your data, digital assets and reputation.
- Locum insurance; – designed to cover business overheads and expenses in the event that you, or other colleagues are absent from work longer term.
- Management Liability- three covers in one. Protect you and your practice against issues such as CGC Inspections, NHS clawbacks, employment disputes or investigations. Cover includes:-
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Sole Practitioners/ Partnerships & Company Legal Liability
MIAB can provide all necessary policies in one place. Our understanding of this ever-changing market, combined with a holistic approach enables us to recommend the best cover for your specific situation, to ensure comprehensive protection with the most competitive premium we can find.
Get a quote