An add-on benefit that we can offer with your policy is support through specialist firm Lorega. They are a UK assistance insurance company with underwriting capacity provided by A+ rated insurers. Lorega provide friendly advice, practical help and solutions that are needed to get you back up and running when the unexpected happens.
As loss assessors they act on your behalf, handling the whole claims process, for claims in relation to business interruption or material damage over £5,000. In addition, through their contacts and network, they can introduce the right contractors, be that IT recovery or other specialists to help you rebuild, recover and minimise the impact of the event that caused the claim.
Having an expert on your side to help you prepare the claim and get it through the insurance company as quickly as possible makes all the difference and may just save your practice becoming one of those statistics.
The cover they provide includes; –
• Expert loss adjuster to help prepare, negotiate, and settle insurance claims in excess of £5,000
• Personal attendance of expert loss adjuster
• Preparation of an itemised claims schedule for submission to the insurers
• Appointment of surveyors, engineers, builders, contractors, and tradesmen
• Preparation of schedules of the increased loss incurred by you and any other business interruption loss
• Negotiation of interim payments where necessary
• Negotiation where possible with the insurers and their appointed loss adjusters, settlement on your behalf
Whilst there are some exclusions and stipulations, it is a service that helps you to get back up and running faster after an incident.
Find out more about our overall practice policy https://miab.co.uk/gps/practice-insurance/