MAKING A CLAIM IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN MAKING A CLAIM
MIAB is here to support you every step of the way should you need to claim under your business policy.
Our dedicated in-house Claims Handler, Katie Syme, can provide much needed support, working with you and the insurers throughout the process to assist in settling claims as efficiently as possible.
How to make a claim
Please contact Katie on 01438 870722 during our normal working hours, 8.30am- 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of an emergency property claim outside of normal business hours requiring an immediate response, please contact the relevant insurer’s helpline:
- Argo: 03333 201 560
- RSA: 0345 300 4006
- Accelerate Surgery: 0345 300 4006
- Accelerate Choices: 0345 300 4006
- Accelerate Unoccupied: 0344 856 2088
- APC: 0207 256 3102
We have compiled some useful information for you, to assist in managing and understanding claims.
All claims have notification timeframes that must be adhered to, but all claims should be reported in good time. Your policy wording will provide confirmation on the claims notification terms.
- For Property Owners and Practice/Surgery Insurance, insurers have a comprehensive range of suppliers, including drainage experts, surveying companies and loss adjustors, to assess the level of damage to your property.*
- For Professional Indemnity/Malpractice Insurance, policies can offer access to legal helplines. You can find details in your policy wording.
- For Personal Protection policies (Income Protection, Critical Illness Cover, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Diabetes Life Cover), your insurer will deal with claims directly.
Evidence to support your claim
Evidence is required in the event of a loss. Our recommendation is to keep good records. For instance, property damage claims could require the following evidence:
- Asset lists (e.g. contents)
- Order confirmations
- Copies of lease agreements
- Photographs of damaged property
- Original purchase and replacement of goods receipts
- Crime number (if applicable)
Completing claim forms
Claim forms need to be completed with as much information as possible and returned back within good time. Providing detailed information allows the claim to be processed without any undue delays.
Dealing with emergencies
As well as following the above guidance on how to make a claim, In the case of an emergency, you should act as though you are uninsured (so as if there is no insurance policy in place, to ensure that you mitigate any further losses). Emergency works that will limit any further property or financial losses should be undertaken, for example, stopping a leak or boarding up a broken window.
If there is a danger to life or property, call the emergency services in the first instance, follow their advice and do not take any unnecessary risks. Please remember to take photos as part of the evidence to support your claim.
*Subject to policy.